Hello CLS families,
Below is the update on the status of our spring season from CMBA.
CMBA has been informed by the City of Calgary Recreation Dept that all school rentals have been canceled at CBE and CSSD schools up until April 30, 2020 due to Coronavirus (Covid-19) precautions.
The Season is delayed in its start by two or three weeks, or one month. If the season is delayed league registration fees would be prorated and refunded to teams on the amount of lost games that were not played during the period of delay. Also, Coronavirus (COVID-19) game procedures would be in place for all games.
Proration of team fees would take place at the end of March on March 31st, 2020. Considering a condensed May and June season goes ahead.
Thank you for your patience at this time as we watch and wait for further direction from AHS (Alberta Health Services), The Province of Alberta, and the City of Calgary.
CLS Basketball will be following the lead of CMBA as they are working with Alberta Health Services. At this time we are hopeful we will be able to run a shorter spring season, in that case CLS will reimburse all registrants the difference between the previous fee and prorated amount after March 31, 2020.
If it becomes clear that CMBA will not be able to run a spring season, we will be refunding families the full amount paid. If the shortened season goes ahead but you would like to withdraw there will be no penalty for the withdrawal. Please note that we will be doing all refunds at the same time after March 31, 2020.
Thank you for your patience and support.